Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Rise of the Fourth Reich...

Many times in life we are faced with daunting tasks that seem impossible to complete, but one thing that I have learned over time is that if there are people there to see you through the task then it becomes at the very least remotely possible in one's mind. For that reason when I was given the idea by Chris to write a blog while I wrote my novel and we worked on this fictional universe of ours, I didn't hesitate to say yes. The title of this blog and post should be more than a clue of where this universe is going. I am a firm believer in that creative pieces of work mirror real life events. This case shall be no different, and everything that will be in my novel will be based on events that have occurred or are currently taking place. My project is not going to be masterfully written or even that original and probably only ten people in the whole world will ever read it, but this will be story and my escape from the world around us. Ironically, it will be an escape from the same world that is giving me inspirations in where I am going to take this.

Now for the important and sole reason why I am taking my time to write this blog. I want to track my mentality, struggles, victories, and everything that's in between when it comes to the creative process that I will drag myself through. Maybe by the end of this I will not only have a finished project that I can be proud to call my own, but I will also know myself a tad better. So as of the writing of this I am halfway through the first chapter, a prologue if you will, of a story that will take place in twenty-three chapters. Well for now all I have to say is for the two or three people that are going to read this...thanks for wasting your time on my thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment